The Covid Lockdown has taught the world and Jeevan Jyot new lessons of learning. Everyday new requirements have come to us and we are trying our best to meet these needs in the best possible ways. The government had imposed a sudden lockdown from the next day which gave no time to people for planning their livelihood. As days passed and weeks the money reserves with people were consumed. There was helplessness around. Business, small scale industries have been paused which led to no work for the daily wages workers and Hence no income. These workers headed to their villages as they couldn’t afford their stay and meals in Mumbai. As these problems reached us we faced sleepless nights so as to how we can solve these problems. Following activites have been done by our Trust.
- Distribution of 3000 Food packets and Mineral water daily till the trains resumed.
- Through Jalram Annadankshetra, 2500 patients, their one relative, Doctors, Nurses and Hospital Staff of 5 Hospitals in Mumbai and 3 Hospitals in Sangli were given food packets on daily basis in the lockdown.
- Jeevan Jyot helped sanitised nearby Schools, Buildings and Govt official buildings in lockdown.
- Covid medicines, Mask, Facesheilds, Sanitizer, PPE kits and various such Covid related requirements were fulfilled in Hospitals of Mumbai and Sangli.
- Jeevan Jyot has been a part of a mega meeting held at Govt. JJ Hospital to battle the Covid wave and we were successful at catalysing the facility for Covid patients there.
- Jeevan Jyot donated 5 Ventilator machines in Mumbai and 3 machines in Sangli. We have a request for more Ventilator machines.
- Furthermore the dialysis requirement increased of Kidney failure patients. Jeevan Jyot donated 5 dialysis machines for covid positive dialysis patients in St. George Hospital.
- Grocery Kits were distributed to daily wages workers in Parel, Bhoiwada, Dombivali, Nalasopara, Vasai, Virar to 5000 individuals multiple times during the lockdown.
- Jeevan Jyot provided travel service to staff of essential serives in Hospitals as the trains were closed during lockdown
- Jeevan Jyot has provided free treatment to more than 100 + Covid patients who coudnt afford the medications.
- The count of Cancer patients getting Covid went on increasing and thus the funds for the treatment of these patients went on increasing.
- 1.5 Crore worth value of Covid medicines and multivitamins have been distributed to the needy.
- Homoeopathy Immunity booster medicines were distributed in more than 20000 families in Mumbai and Sangli.
- 40 Oxygen cylinders have been constantly refiled and replaced to the needy Covid patients free of charge in the entire tenure of Covid.
- Jeevan Jyot has 10 Oxygen concentrators and have been given to patients as per requirement. Order of 20 Oxygen concentrator has been placed. There is still futher requirement which we are trying to fulfil.
View our Presentation here